[Koha] Possible APP development

Viktor.Sarge at regionhalland.se Viktor.Sarge at regionhalland.se
Wed Apr 23 04:07:35 NZST 2014

Hi all.

Great to hear Holger! One thing I like about automatic renewals is that you can hook a cronjob into the existing rules and don’t have add any complexity to the circulation rules in the staff interface. I took a quick peek at the RFC and what I have to add is that you might want to ”allow/disallow” that the _patrons_ turn automatic renewals on/off in the opac. I think it in many cases would be more useful to let those that actually need/want the feature use it rather than all issues. At least that’s my view after pondering Tim and Elaines point about people misplacing books :)

Another thing to add to the wishlist could be a message to send when an automatic renewal is made (defined in letter.pl). Something like ”Hi! The loan ’Learning Perl’ that was due today was automatically renewed and is now due date X. Kind regards/The Library” could help people remeber to keep track of their loans.

I do like Tims idea about using automatic renewals for people with certain zipcodes, but I think it might be better to use it like ”Use rule X with all patrons meeting this criteria”. This could be useful for all sorts of granular permissions but seems (to me) like a quite big RFC in it’s own right. And it would create all sorts of interesting problems.

Kind regards/Viktor

Viktor Sarge
Utvecklingsledare
Regionbibliotek Halland
Kultur i Halland

TFN: 035-17 98 73
E-POST: Viktor.Sarge at regionhalland.se<mailto:Viktor.Sarge at regionhalland.se>
BESÖKSADRESS: Södra vägen 9, 30180 Halmstad
WEBB: www.regionhalland.se/regionbibliotek<http://www.regionhalland.se/regionbibliotek>