[Koha] Possible APP development

Holger Meissner Holger.Meissner at hs-gesundheit.de
Wed Apr 23 01:15:04 NZST 2014

Viktor Sarge wrote:
> Ideas:
> * Automatically renew loans serverside when possible. Contact the
> patron through snailmail, e-mail or SMS when renewals are no longer
> possible and set a few days as grace period.
> * Create new rules that guarantees a patron a certain loan period but
> allows them to keep the book for as long as they like as long as no
> reserves are made. Contact the patron when somebody places a hold on
> the title with a ”Others have requested the book, and you now have X
> days to return it”.

Our library also wants extended loans, that stop when a hold is placed. Not unlimited though, only up to a maximum loan period. We figured automatic renewals would do the job. I'll start writing a patch for an automatic renewal feature very soon:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Automatic_renewal_RFC

Regards
Holger