[Koha] Open source replacement for 3M self check station

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Mon Sep 30 22:29:21 NZDT 2013

I wonder... Is this discussion mixing up two different things a bit?

For me, "self check" in relation to Koha can mean (at least) two
different things:

1. A self check "station" that runs dedicated software, and that
communicates with Koha via SIP2

2. Some computer running a browser, possible locked down to "kiosk
mode" and possibly with a touch screen, that is set to display the
"self check web interface" of Koha, as described here:
http://manual.koha-community.org/3.12/en/selfcheckout.html

Or is everyone just talking about one of those?

Best regards,
Magnus Enger
libriotech.no