[Koha] Item types vs CCODE (Collection codes)

Chris Meech cmeech at waitaki.govt.nz
Tue May 28 11:40:59 NZST 2013

You have probably seen this post
http://library-matters.blogspot.co.nz/2009/03/thinking-about-item-types-in-koha.html
which outlines some differences between itypes and ccodes well.

Itypes are the real work horses in Koha and give a granular level of control to your collections.

In 3.10 the option of adding both ccode and itype to the OPAC advances search is available through the AdvancedSearchTypes
Syspref (which is great)

Cheers
Chris

Christopher Meech