[Koha] Live DVD (Was: Master-password (katikoan) and Live-DVD

BWS Johnson abesottedphoenix at yahoo.com
Wed May 22 23:22:35 NZST 2013

Salvete!

    I think it's a bit silly for developers to think that someone at a library with extremely limited resources will end up spending a tonne of time learning command line Debian linux to install from packages. I'm very grateful to Robin for putting together the packages, since things are basically a single line now *if* (and it's a huge if) people can get Debian to cooperate with them prior to that joyous apt-get.
    I think it's even sillier for folks to jump on Vimal for crafting a very widely used tool that is incredibly appreciated and is a great contribution. My hat's off to him.
    I often point out that usually there's a linux users' group of some variety someplace near you, but this isn't always the case, and they don't always want to help.
    Sometimes this is people's ONLY option. If the line really is using this or sticking with your card catalogue/excel spreadsheet, do we really want to encourage that?
    Incredibly negative responses on the list end up feeding crummy articles like this one:

http://firstmonday.org/ojs/index.php/fm/article/view/4291/3381

    Thankfully, we are not sexist as a community, but I don't want to trade that for trolly.

Just sayin'
Brooke