[Koha] Want to raise a bug about fine module

sunil sharma koha.sunil007 at gmail.com
Tue May 21 23:53:27 NZST 2013

Dear All,

In fine module, currently we can set fine for a particular patron category
and for any item type. A number of option available in current fine
criteria like loan period, fine amount, fine charging interval etc. But
this limit a library to apply a constant fine amount for a category whether
the no. of days for which fine is applicable are 10 days or 100 days. What
I want to say that in koha there should be increasing fine amount criteria.
i.e when fine is calculated it should calculate like this:-

Let say, After 'x' days the fine amount is 'a'
After 'x+y' days the fine amount become 'a+b'

where, x - the loan period
           a - fine amount after x days
           y - A constant period after which the fine gets change
           b - the fine amount applicable after 'x+y' days

 Please give your suggestion and help me in this regard.

//BR
Sunil