[Koha] Koha 3.10 hosting in a shared webhosting environment

Mirko 5p4m at gmx.de
Sun Mar 24 20:43:00 NZDT 2013

Raj Pawan,

Raj Pawan schrieb am 24.03.2013
> I am extremely saddened that such a beautiful opensource could not be used
> at the cheapest price though perl is supported along with PHP at the lowest
> webhosting price. I wish that the developers would have considered these
> scenarios while building it too.

Koha is a library system, a complex piece of software. Webhosting is
for websites and related things, Koha is much more than that. I
don't think that the scenario of »using the cheapest webhosting
available« had a high priority in Koha development.

> Nonetheless, as already asked before, what are the alternatives I am looking
> for?

If you do not want to pay the price of a VPS you might consider
running a physical server locally which would leave you with the
cost of hardware and labour for setup and maintenance. You can find
some information here http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Debian

-- Mirko