[Koha] 505 tag: formatted contents notes

Paula Corman Paula.Corman at mim.org
Wed Mar 6 05:32:00 NZDT 2013

I am cataloging a collection of several hundred CDs, each of which contains at least 12 or more songs with potentially as many different performers.  A few days ago I was cataloging a 2-volume title with 2 discs per volume and a total of 78 songs and performers!  My question is how to enter these into the Koha record.  Do I simply duplicate the 505  tag  over and over again?  This is what I did but I'm wondering if there is a better way.  My users need to get down to  the band or song level when they search.

Paula Corman
The Musical Instrument Museum
Phoenix, AZ.