[Koha] Koha lost and replaced by another item

BWS Johnson abesottedphoenix at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 20 14:07:47 NZST 2013

Salvete!

>Good day koha users & developers! How do you deal with lost items by a patron
>but replaced by another item with a different title? I read up the manual,
>lost status is in 952$1 MARC tag and I have long overdue (lost), lost, lost
>and paid for, missing, replaced and withdrawn. What I did is set status for
>the item as replaced but to show that the item was replaced by another item
>is what I'm lost at. Is there a way to do this? This will show in the
>intranet, not the OPAC. How this is done in other Koha libraries? thanks &
>cheers!

    Perhaps you could consider a swapped or exchanged status?It doesn't properly fit any of your existing categories. Personally, I would probably remove the old record from the catalogue, unless there were duplicate copies, since you don't have athe same item any more. Then I would update the fines on the Patron's record to reflect that they aren't delinquent any more. I definitely see your point. There were certainly times where I very gratefully accepted a new copy of a popular book in lieu of our old mouldy copy of summat no one actually wanted to read anymore.

Cheers,
Brooke