[Koha] Install on Precise (ubuntu 12.04)

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 28 10:11:39 NZST 2013

Greetings,

Installing Koha on an Ubuntu VM is exactly what I do for my
development/testing environments. If you are having problems with
installation, then you are likely following the instructions from within the
tar gzip file. I would recommend using:
    $ sudo apt-get install koha-deps koha-perldeps
Assuming you have added the appropriate repository into
/etc/apt/source.list.d/koha.list
    $ echo deb http://debian.koha-community.org/koha squeeze main | sudo tee
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/koha.list
    $ wget -O- http://debian.koha-community.org/koha/gpg.asc | sudo apt-key
add -
    $ sudo apt-get
However, building from the tar gzip file is painful by comparison to
packages.

But if you are willing and able to install from packages, rather than
source, you might rather follow the instructions here:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages

GPML,
Mark Tompsett