[Koha] Install on Precise (ubuntu 12.04)

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Sun Jul 28 10:09:55 NZST 2013

At 08:36 AM 7/27/2013 -0700, L.W.Johnstone wrote:
[snip]
>1. Net::Z3950::ZOOM
>2. PDF::API2::Simple
>3. XML::LibXML
>4. XML::LibXSLT
>
>Now, in the two latter cases I have installed libxml2-dev and libxslt1-dev
>I suspect there are other packages which are not apparent from the names
>shown above...
>please let me know what they are. :(

You don't say what version of Koha you are installing (I have no problems
installing them in 3.8), so there may be dependencies, but

sudo apt-get install libnet-z3950-zoom-perl (gives you v. 1.26)
sudo apt-get install libpdf-api2-simple-perl (gives you v. 1.1.4)
sudo apt-get install libxml-libxml-perl (gives you v. 1.89)
sudo apt-get install libxml-libxslt-perl (gives you v. 1.75)

The Ubuntu naming convention is normally quite straightforward. Start with
'lib' end with '-perl' and sandwich in between your package in lower case,
replacing any '::' with '-'

There appear to be 32 and 64 bit versions of all four.

Best - Paul