[Koha] Importing items and retaining itemnumber

Olugbenga Adara gbengaadara at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 19 06:00:30 NZST 2013

Hello all,

I have exported out all records in a Koha install so I could use MarcEdit to do some bulk editing on the data. I have imported all the record back into Koha using the bulkmarcimport tool, using the delete switch. (-d)

But I noticed that the itemnumber has changed form the itemnumber specific item had before the export-import. I believe this will affect the issues table as the wrong book will now be tied to a borrower.

I have checked the possible switches to bulkmarcimport.pl and i notice -x, -y and some other switches that may keep the itemnumber but have no idea whether this is possible or how to use it

I will appreciate any help on whether what I am trying to do is possible and how to go about it.

Thanks.

Olugbenga Adara

Skype: gbengaadara
Blog: http://gbengaadara.blogspot.com