[Koha] Koha CSV Reports

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Jul 16 23:48:54 NZST 2013

Op 16/07/13 12:41, Evan Mungai Njoroge schreef:
> Anybody who knows how to go around a CSV problem; where barcodes (and or
> some fields) downloaded as CSV report in Koha is automatically transformed
> into dates by the spreadsheet application (Using Ms Excel 2007).

My cynical reply would be to not use a spreadsheet for things you're not
supposed to use it for, like being a database :)

However, more realistically (and this applies more to Libre Office, but
I'm sure Excel has something equivalent), when you import the CSV file
you get a dialogue that previews it for you. At the top of the columns
in the preview, you can select them to change their type. By default
they're something like "general" which means "best guess." You should
set all the ones you want to be literal to be something like "text" and
it won't try to be smart.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.