[Koha] Customise OPAC title bar and additional search options

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Fri Jul 5 05:08:14 NZST 2013

At 04:57 PM 7/4/2013 +0100, Robin Sheat wrote:
>Op 04/07/13 16:13, Paul schreef:
> > [version 3.8] Yes, it's hard coded in the templates (*.tt -- example
> > opac-main.tt, opac-results.tt, etc) in
> > /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/prog/en/modules between
> > 'doc-head-open.inc' and 'doc-head-close.inc'...  I once edited all of
> > these (we also prefer English English to US English), but you lose
> > some|many|most of them on upgrades. And there's many more uses of the US
> > spelling 'catalog' -- see your para 2. (below) "Library Catalog"
>
>No, the default language is en-US which uses "catalog". In en-NZ it's
>catalogue, in nl it's catalogus, in fr it seems to also be catalogue.
>Koha handles all of this just fine, using the translation system.

Thanks Robin - I had never noticed that there were EN-GB files in 3.8 ;={
I've just read Paul P.'s comments in translator_doc.txt and
<http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Installation_of_additional_languages_for_OPAC_and_INTRANET_staff_client#Adding_additional_languages_after_installing_Koha_on_your_server>
and will try and find time to play with it in the sandbox.

And, btw, I was certainly not recommending changing the hard coded
templates -- after hours of grep + vi, I would not be that sadistic to
other users.

Thinking out loud, has anyone ever tried to set up a "language choice"
option?  Here in Canada we have two official languages (EN and FR), and it
would be very neat to become bi-lingual in Koha.

Best - Paul