[Koha] Koha Usage Examples

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Jan 30 05:26:43 NZDT 2013

Cab Vinton <bibliwho at gmail.com>
> Boston University's British Programmes is on Koha --
> http://library.bu-london.co.uk/

The co-op supports that, as well as Florida State University in London
which hasn't been mentioned yet.  We've done many other ac.uk
installations - the first was the Franciscan International Study
Centre in Canterbury back on 2.0 or 2.2.  There really have been quite
a few of them now.

> Marshall Breeding's lib-web-cats is an excellent source for answering
> this type of question: http://www.librarytechnology.org/libwebcats/

If it was FOSS and could cope with multiple support providers, as
often happens with Koha for us, it might be excellent.  Last I saw, I
couldn't list our libraries accurately.  More detail
http://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2011-November/036458.html
and many other discussions over the year.

Some list themselves as "Koha -- Independent" but most don't seem to
feel it's worth it.  I think there's a general attitude that doing
something innovative is a bad thing for ac.uk librarians to do, so
when they do it, they'd prefer it kept quiet.

Ken Chad's wiki HELibTech is a bit better, but gets miscorrected more
often than I edit it.  Usual wiki problem ;-)

Oh, and there's the "UK Core Spec" drawn up by Koha's competitors. :-)

Hope that informs,