[Koha] Koha Routing List Email Alerts

Liz Rea liz at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Jan 10 08:47:53 NZDT 2013

Hi there,

I came across this just the other day. :)

The way it works is as follows:

First, configure your subscription to have an entry in the Patron
Notification drop down (See screenshot 1 I have attached)

Then, log in as a user of the opac, search for that serial, then click
"More details" at the bottom of the record. You should then see a link
"Subscribe to email notification on new issues"

Staff can then see who has subscribed in the serials interface - by
clicking on Subscribers next to Patron notification (see screenshots 2
and 3 I have attached).

This functionality of patrons receiving email when a serial is received
is actually independent of the routing lists, and patrons cannot
actually be added to the subscriptions by a librarian from the staff
interface (a severe limitation of the feature, in my opinion).

Nicole - It would be cool if this were in the manual, I think this
feature is currently undocumented.

I hope this helps,

Liz Rea