[Koha] Analytic records question

Cab Vinton bibliwho at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 15:26:59 NZDT 2013

We're planning on using Koha's analytic records to handle cataloging
of our ereaders and the ebooks loaded onto them.

(Info on analytic records here:
http://manual.koha-community.org/3.8/en/cataloging.html#cataloganalytics)

I'm able to link our ebook record to the record for our ereader. When
I check out the ereader, it is correctly checked out in both the staff
& public interfaces, as expected.

The record for the ebook, however, shows that it is still available
(while also showing that the ereader is checked out). Is this the
expected behavior? Our preference would be for the ebook to show as
checked out as well, even though there's no guarantee that this
particular item was desired or read by the patron and we may have to
make adjustments to our circulation statistics.

Link to the ebook record:
http://catalog.splnh.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=25778

Link to the ereader record:
http://catalog.splnh.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=25777