[Koha] Ubuntu 11.04

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 25 17:10:04 NZDT 2013

Greetings,

If you are doing a fresh install, 11.04 doesn't make sense. Additionally,
you may find that some perl libraries are not cleanly installed (i.e. you
need to use CPAN, which is a major pain to keep track of for upgrading
purposes). I would advise against doing an install where you need to CPAN
libraries into place.

If you can upgrade to 12.04 LTS, I would recommend doing that first. This is
due to the "End of Life" (EoL): 11.04 October 28, 2012. To check out other
versions' EoL: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases
If you can't upgrade, because other things are running on the server. You
may wish to talk to your system administrators about support for the OS
being unavailable (having reached EoL).

3.6.x would have been compatible with 11.04 (10.04 LTS was recommended,
because LTS releases tend to be more stable and supported longer from an OS
perspective). At this point in time, the only way to install 3.6.x would be
using a tarball installation which is not recommended and highly advised
against EXCEPT for non-Debian based OSes. And again, the most current,
supported releases of Koha are 3.8.x and 3.10.x, so 3.6.x would be a bad
idea to install.

Remember: just because you can do it, doesn't make it a good idea. Sticking
with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and either versions 3.8.x or 3.10.x of Koha is your
wisest move.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett