[Koha] Full text document attachment

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 20:33:36 NZDT 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 10:48 AM, akhlaq ahmed <akhlaqa at yahoo.com> wrote:

> to attach full text document with the koha bibliographical records. The marc
> field 856 is used to give the local URL but on checking I realised one need to give
> full path eg. http://192.168.0.1/abc.pdf
> The pdf file are stored in var/www directory.
>
> I need to
> avoid the local machine numbers otherwise in future if the machine number is
> changed or the data will be transferred it will cause the path problem. I need
> to search only bibliographical details not the full text term.

Would a "divide and conquer" approach work? How about storing the FT
on something like DSpace with a registered HANDLE.NET persistent url
approach and linking to that using 856u along with rest of the
meta-data?

cheers,
-idg

--
Indranil Das Gupta

Phone : +91-98300-20971
Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg