[Koha] [Koha-devel] Who is Live DVD manager of version 3.12.x?

Vimal Kumar V. vimal0212 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 06:04:09 NZST 2013

Dear Jared,
Don't conclude that Live DVD's are bad idea.
Developers and librarians view points are different.
Librarians are end users of Koha, developers are not end users, they are
facilitators.
I am not trying to under estimate the role of developers.
Without a Live DVD Koha is a hard nut to break, majority of LIS
professionals are not Linux experts and they can't try Koha.

No need to release Live DVD with every version updates.
One live DVD for entire 3.12.x release cycle is enough.
Koha installed inside Live DVD by following Koha packages, users can
upgrade to new version updates by executing commands or running update
manager.

I would like to listen other members opinions about this matter.

Regards,

--
Vimal Kumar V.
Technical Assistant