[Koha] report for weeding

Kohn, Karen kohnk at arcadia.edu
Tue Aug 27 01:48:44 NZST 2013

Hello,
One of our departments has asked to see a complete list of books that we
are considering weeding, so that they can identify ones that they want us
to keep.  If we're going to provide them with this list, we want it to
include circulation information, so they can take into account the fact
that many of these books haven't checked out in years!  Another librarian
approached me about how to make this list, but I was not quite sure how.

His idea was to create a fake patron, called Weeding, and check all the
books out to the patron.  He then asked if we could run a report of
everything checked out to that patron.  We'd want the report to include the
title, author, date last checked out, and total checkouts, and probably
year of publication.  I don't see a way to do this using the guided reports.

Does anyone have an idea for us of either
a) how to make a report of items checked out to a particular patron and
including the information I need, or
b) another not-too-time-consuming way to make this list?

Thanks.

--
*Karen Kohn*
Collection Development Manager