[Koha] Don't pass out bad instructions (was Re: How frequently to run zebra rebuild and what switches)

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Thu Aug 22 19:42:33 NZST 2013

On 22 August 2013 09:04, Hilton Gibson <hilton.gibson at gmail.com> wrote:
> What if you want to deviate from what the "packages" installation does?
> In the open source world, it has been my experience that a "tarball"
> installation is always preferred, since it allows you install anywhere, not
> just Debian.

"There is more than one way to do it", sure. And documentation is
always welcome. But why not put it on the official Koha wiki, where it
will receive (at least some degree of) peer review, improvements from
the whole community and a lasting home?

Having instructions created by individuals littered all over the web
quickly leads to stale information, people following wrong or outdated
instructions and in the end getting a bad impression of Koha. So maybe
you could copy your wiki page over to the official wiki, link to it
from your wiki, and we can all collaborate to ensure it has maximum
usefullness?

Best regards,
Magnus Enger
libriotech.no

PS: The correct name is "Koha", not "KOHA". ;-)