[Koha] Zebra Indexing

Phillip Ponchot pponchot at live.com
Wed Aug 21 04:19:34 NZST 2013

Thanks everyone, I've resolved this issue.

From: pponchot at live.com
To: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz
CC: tammy at livingstonpubliclibrary.org
Subject: Zebra Indexing
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 06:33:35 -0700

Koha installed version:
3.00.00.107

I'm trying to re-index my catalog and of course, something is not working.

I've read tons of documentation and I am still having an issue as the catalog search is not working.

As I understand, you must export these two variables before beginning:

export
KOHA_CONF=/usr/local/koha/etc/koha-conf.xmlexport PERL5LIB=/usr/local/koha/lib

I've tried to export them both as root and the user www-data.to whom the files belong

I then run the following command:

/usr/local/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -r -b -a

If I run the command as root, the indexing starts but I get some rights issues.
If I run the command as www-data, the indexing stops immediately on line 5 of the zebra script complaining that it can't find the C4 directory (even though it is exported - (export PERL5LIB=/usr/local/koha/lib)

If anyone can give me the correct steps to get the indexing working again, I would be eternally grateful as I've spent the last 15 hours trying to get the index back up.  I even went into koha and gave total rights to root where the scripting was failing.
Finally it ran and there are files new files created in /usr/local/koha/var/lib/zebradb/authorities/register and in /usr/local/koha/var/lib/zebradb/biblios/register (i.e. sort12-0.mf) but when I restart the server, the catalog search is still not working.

I'm assuming that zebra gets the files for indexing from /usr/local/koha/var/lib/zebradb/authorities/register and /usr/local/koha/var/lib/zebradb/biblios/register.

Thanks for any suggestions and/or help.

Phillp