[Koha] CAS Authentication Explained

Chandrashekar Singh chandrashekar1990 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 16 07:34:57 NZST 2013

I have tried search the forums to find this info but it seems to be missing.

I have installed koha through the koha on ubuntu - packages guide.

The installed version is Koha 3.12.03.000

I setup the preferences for CAS authentication in koha administration pages.
However two problems I encountered are:

The service link that is sent the CAS server by the link on koha OPAC login
page does not include the domain.
https://{cas_server}:8443/cas/login?service=%2Fcgi-bin%2Fkoha%2Fopac-user.pl

What do I have to setup in Patrons on koha for it to begin accepting logins
from the CAS server? I added one patron to Koha then use the same person to
login to cas and then have the CAS server redirect to koha. Koha then says
"CAS login failed".

Any help appreciated.