[Koha] Web installation configuration options & cron jobs inclusion/exclusion

Victor Pang victorp at netmedia.com.sg
Sun Aug 11 22:43:53 NZST 2013

Before running the Web Installation for Koha configuration, I will like some
opinions on the configuration options to select for the Web Installation.

A little background...I will be using Koha primarily for the catalogue /
OPAC features only - no aquisition, no circulation, no to almost everything
else. I will be using the Library Branches grouping feature as different
organisations or individuals to contribute and manage their own set of
catalogue records (but every catalogue records will be searchable by all and
the public in general). Our library material consists of digital audio files
or digital documents / published papers (mostly PDFs but will accept other
document formats) with a catalogue field with the URL hyperlink to where the
files are actually stored. Other library materials may be audio CDs,
cassette audio tapes, vinyl audio records, music scores, manuscript...all of
which can be published or unpublished materials.

Coming back to the Web Installation, is there any options in the Mandatory
sections which I can unselect, and which options in the Optional sections do
I need to select for my library. I am trying to keep the initial
configuration of the database to the minimum for my needs.

By the way, does anyone has a MARC21 bibliographical format standard for
digital media and document files?

Thanks!