[Koha] clarification on Zebra configuration

Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel bgkriegel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 08:05:21 NZST 2013

Admire,

> On my server, I have  zebra configured as a demon  via the symbolic link
>
> /etc/init.d/zebra-server -> /usr/share/koha/bin/koha-zebra-ctl.sh

Ok

> /etc/init.d/zebraqueue-daemon -> /usr/share/koha/bin/koha-zebraqueue-ctl.sh

Not Ok. It's not recommended to use zebraqueue

> And I also have it scheduled to run as a cron job via Linux Koha user's
> cron
> file as shown
>
> */10 7-20 * * *   /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b
> -z
> -v 2>/dev/null

This will do every 10 minutes what zebraqueue do, so zebraqueue is
not necessary
You could run this line with a shorter interval, 5 o 2 minutes
BUT, you don't need '-v' switch, is for verbose output, and you redirect
only errors (2>) to /dev/null
so this will send an email for each run
ALSO, could be useful to add '-a' switch in case you use authorities, and
'-x' could help
to speed up the exporting.

> 0 1 * * *  /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -r -v
> 2>/dev/null

This will rebuild all the index once a day. No bad, i do that.
BUT, also consider removing -v and adding -x -a

Regards,
bernardo