[Koha] clarification on Zebra configuration

amutsikiwa amutsikiwa at uzlib.uz.ac.zw
Thu Apr 25 07:20:02 NZST 2013

Hi  All,

On my server, I have  zebra configured as a demon  via the symbolic link

/etc/init.d/zebra-server -> /usr/share/koha/bin/koha-zebra-ctl.sh

   And

/etc/init.d/zebraqueue-daemon -> /usr/share/koha/bin/koha-zebraqueue-ctl.sh

And I also have it scheduled to run as a cron job via Linux Koha user's cron
file as shown

*/10 7-20 * * *   /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -z
-v 2>/dev/null

0 1 * * *  /usr/share/koha/bin/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -r -v
2>/dev/null

My question is can the two be configured to run concurrently or they will
conflict. If conflicting, which one is superior and recommended?

Regards,

Admire Mutsikiwa