[Koha] Restoring the default Marc Framework

Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel bgkriegel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 05:34:39 NZST 2013

> I altered the default marc Framework. I understand that it's not a good
> idea.
>
> How can I restore the original Default MARC Framework (in my case the
> one at
>
> /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/installer/data/mysql/de-DE/marcflavour/marc21/mandatory/marc21_framework_DEFAULT.sql
>
> First, do a backup.

As you talk about instances, I presume you are using packages.
Frameworks are stored in the database, so first detect which
database you need to change, i.e. which instance.
Look in /etc/koha/sites/"instance"/koha-conf.xml, near
the end you will find name of database, dbuser and dbpassword

Next, remove default framework

mysql -uuser -ppass db -e "delete from marc_tag_structure where
frameworkcode = ''; delete from marc_subfield_structure where frameworkcode
= ''"

Next, load default framework

mysql -uuser -ppass db < /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-
bin/installer/data/mysql/de-DE/marcflavour/marc21/
mandatory/marc21_framework_DEFAULT.sql

Regards,
Bernardo