[Koha] No search results?

Seth Mayo smayo at stpeters.nsw.edu.au
Thu Sep 20 12:24:46 NZST 2012

Thanks for all the pointers to potential problems :-)

Here's what I've found...

The mysqld database is running fine - the error in the log was an old
entry.  Memory is at 200MB+ free out of 1.5GB and the swap is barely
touched.

Our rebuild-zebra.pl has always run as root - both in the cron job and
manually.  It has been this way for more than a year without problems.
However, I chown'ed the path mentioned and then changed my cron jobs to run
as koha instead of root and this did somehow bring back the zebra index.

rebuild-zebra.pl now has the following errors though...which ones should I
worry about and has anyone seen them before?

10:06:40-20/09 zebraidx(9341) [warn] Missing attribute 'type' in attribute
info
10:09:18-20/09 zebraidx(9341) [warn] Unknown register type:
10:09:34-20/09 zebraidx(9351) [warn] Failed to open
/var/lib/koha/zebradb/biblios/register/reci-0.mf [Permission denied]
10:09:34-20/09 zebraidx(9351) [fatal] mf_write: reci error (1)
10:09:34-20/09 zebraidx(9351) [fatal] write commit block
10:09:34-20/09 zebraidx(9351) [warn] zebra_commit: failed

BTW the first 2 lines 'missing attribute' and 'unknown register' have
always been there as long as I can remember so I'm guessing they aren't
important.

However, I would have expected zebra_commit: failed to mean I wouldn't have
a working index but it seems that isn't the case.  Do I need to change more
permissions to make every 'koha' - if so, what paths?  Otherwise, anything
else I'm missing?

Thanks for all your help!  I really appreciate it!

Seth Mayo
IT Technical Manager
Email:  smayo at stpeters.nsw.edu.au
St Peter's Anglican Primary School
Howe Street
Campbelltown NSW 2560
PH: 02 4627 2990
DID:  02 8203 1368
Website:  http://www.stpeters.nsw.edu.au

On 20 September 2012 00:47, Mark Tompsett <mtompset at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>

>  koha-zebradaemon-output.log:
>>> 22:07:15-19/09 zebrasrv(14) [warn] ir_session (exception)
>>> 22:07:20-19/09 zebrasrv(15) [warn] zebra_lock_create fail