[Koha] No search results?

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 20 02:47:12 NZST 2012

Greetings,

Mason James said:
> your zebra files have incorrect permissions…  (you ran rebuild-zebra.pl
> accidentally as root?)

If your /etc/cron.d/koha file says "koha" as the user, then you need to:
chown -R -v koha.koha /var/lock/koha
and perhaps other directories too. The -v shows you what it is doing. The -R
is recursive, so subdirectories and files get fixed too.

$ sudo su - koha
$ <now run the reindex, and make sure the environment variables KOHA_CONF
and PERL5LIB are set properly too>

>> koha-zebraqueue-output.log:
>> DBD::mysql::db commit failed: MySQL server has gone away at
>> /usr/share/koha/bin/zebraqueue_daemon.pl line 135.

Oooo. I had this, it may be a low memory problem. If your system thinks a
process is going to hog too much memory, it kills it.
What does "free -m" say? If you have less than 55MB free and no swap, you
are seriously up a creek. You need more memory.

We were running a machine with only 512MB of RAM with no swap. Needless to
say, things were mysteriously failing. If you can't give Koha a machine with
at least (and I'm saying this is still not really enough) 1GB, then you can
expect these sorts of problems.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett