[Koha] Search does not return a specific title

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Tue Sep 18 02:04:22 NZST 2012

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Marty <ontariowolf64 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> This might just have to do with the way Koha operates, but we have a book here with the very (annoyingly?) short title "Lit!" (by Tony Reinke, ISBN9781433522260 if you are interested)
>
> If we search for "Lit" it will return all results wherever "Lit" is used, like Literature, little children etc. "Lit!" is also in that list.
>

> If we search for "Lit!" however, we get no results found.
>
> We are getting either too many results (everything including lit somewhere) or none at all. It is in the system, but just hard to find.
>

> Any ideas how to solve it or get around it?

One thing to try would be adjusting several system preferences related
to Zebra searching:

QueryWeightFields - turn ON for relevancy ranking, in particular to
rank hits in the title field more highly
QueryFuzzy - turn OFF to disable fuzzy queries, which will make search
results more precise at the cost of making it unforgiving of typos in
search strings
QueryAutoTruncate - turn OFF to have searches not left-truncate;
tradeoff is that users would have to manually append an asterisk to
truncate.  For example, they would have to enter "car*" to get results
for both "car" and "cars".

Regards,

Galen
--