[Koha] 3.8.4 Error message when editing authorities

Doug Kingston dpk at randomnotes.org
Mon Sep 3 13:45:42 NZST 2012

More relevant info: Our Authorities preferences.  The more I look at this
it looks like a problem with how Zebra is configured or populated or some
impedance mismatch between &merge and zebra in ModAuthority.

Authorities preferences General Preference Value AutoCreateAuthorities When
editing records,
                                                                      do
not generate

                generate
                    authority records that are missing
(BiblioAddsAuthorities must be set to "allow" for this to have any effect).
BiblioAddsAuthorities When editing records,

                      allow

                               don't allow
                                      them to automatically create new
authority records if needed, rather than having to reference existing
authorities. dontmerge

 Do

       Don't
        automatically update attached biblios when changing an authority
record. If this is off, please ask your administrator to enable the
merge_authority.pl cronjob. MARCAuthorityControlField008 Use the following
text for the contents of MARC authority control field 008 position 06-39
(fixed length data elements). Do NOT include the date (position 00-05).Click
to Edit<http://catalogue-admin.efdss.org/cgi-bin/koha/admin/preferences.pl#>
UseAuthoritiesForTracings

    Don't use

                Use
                 authority record numbers instead of text strings for
searches from subject tracings. Linker Preference Value CatalogModuleRelink

                                                    Do

                                                          Do not
                                                            automatically
relink headings that have previously been linked when saving records in the
cataloging module. LinkerKeepStale

             Do

                   Do not
                       keep existing links to authority records for
headings where the linker is unable to find a match. LinkerModule Use the

                                                                First Match

    Last Match
           linker module for matching headings to authority records.
LinkerOptions Set the following options for the authority linker  (separate
options with |) LinkerRelink

       Do

             Do not
                 relink headings that have previously been linked to
authority records.