[Koha] Newbie: MARC Framework editing question

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Tue Oct 16 18:56:33 NZDT 2012

Hi,

Please bear with my ignorance ... I have created a noe MARC framework
(BOOKS) and also an authorized value "Languages". The framework is derived
from the Default framework and accordingly has a field "041 - LANGUAGE
CODE". I proceeded to have that mandatory and linked it to the created
authorized value.

My question now is: how does this actually work when importing something via
z39.50 from let's say the LOC ... it's possible that MARC field definitions
from souces conflict with my local setup. How are conflicts handled? Is it
safer to generate a new (local) field rather than editing like done above?

Thanks for any hints.

Sincerely, Joh