[Koha] Thank you oXygen!

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Oct 10 11:05:43 NZDT 2012

MJ Ray schreef op di 09-10-2012 om 15:11 [+0100]:
> I'm glad you found something that works for you for now, but I think
> you should keep one eye on the exit path and exit costs because
> proprietary software is an unsustainable business model.  It's likely
> that you will need another tool some day.

There is a great example of the problems this can cause from a few years
ago, where the company behind the source code management system that
Linux used pulled their free licenses. On the flip side, it did get us
git, which Koha uses for development.

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Bitmover_ends_free_Bitkeeper,_replacement_sought_for_managing_Linux_kernel_code

It's this kind of thing that users of Koha don't have to worry about :)

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.