[Koha] OPAC display "double vision"

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Tue Oct 9 09:58:12 NZDT 2012

At 09:40 PM 10/8/2012 +0200, Fischer, Katrin wrote:
>Hi Paul,
>
>I think your problem could be related to a 6xx field without $a. The label
>Subject(s) is showing up, but there is no link after it. I think there is
>an open anchor tag that doesn't close breaking your display here.

Hi Katrin -- many thanks for the reply, you "hit the nail on the head."

We did have for this record:

=600  \\$a $915837

which is the "RLIN" for the author (how it got there, from the 100$a, with
an empty 600$a is a mystery), and now after deleting the RLIN, there's no
600 and the web page is just fine.

Would you by any chance have a suggestion as to a mysql query to find other
records that contain the same error.  I've tried:

SELECT biblio.biblionumber, biblio.title, biblio.author
FROM biblio
RIGHT JOIN biblioitems ON biblio.biblionumber = biblioitems.biblionumber
LEFT JOIN items ON biblio.biblionumber = items.biblionumber
WHERE ExtractValue(marcxml,'//datafield[@tag="600"]/subfield[@code>="a"]')
IS NULL AND
ExtractValue(marcxml,'//datafield[@tag="600"]/subfield[@code>="9"]')

but get nothing. Maybe (wild dream?) there's no other erroneous records,
but much more probably the mysql code misses the truth (it runs without
apparent error, but...)

Again, many thanks and best regards -- Paul

>Katrin

---
Maritime heritage and history, preservation and conservation,
research and education through the written word and the arts.
<http://NavalMarineArchive.com> and <http://UltraMarine.ca>