[Koha] 3.2 to 3.8 upgrade- no items available.

clint.deckard clint.deckard at frontiers.co.nz
Fri Oct 5 10:56:45 NZDT 2012

I have been attempting to upgrade an installation from 3.2 running on
Ubuntu (was a Live CD install) to a Debian 3.8.5 via packages.

I did a mysqldump from 3.2, then restored this to a newly created 3.8.5
instance. then ran koha-upgrade-schema and then koha-upgrade-to-3.4 then
koha-rebuild-zebra -f

All looks good and then...
search any item, OPAC shows "copies available (1)" but details has no
holdings information.

Research turned up suggestion of dropping the database, restore from
mysqldump and then go to admin interface where it then wants to upgrade
database which it does but then on attempting to log in I get this error
" Can't call method "param" on an undefined value at
/usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 667 koha"

Whereupon I come to a grinding halt.

Any suggestions for a next step? Have I missed something?

Clint.