[Koha] Problem in importing Patron Records

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Thu Nov 22 09:22:18 NZDT 2012

Are you saying there should be quotes around the fields?
Because I'm getting similar failures and the fields are there, but
it's not seeing them.
Elaine

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 9:45 PM, Quoc Uy <nguyenquocuy_1102 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>      First, i have problem with this, too. I downloaded original file patron_import.csv, opened it with Libreoffice Calc, watched table borrowers in database by Phpmyadmin. Then i tried to fill all file with the similar values as what i did before (add patron manual). Next i saved file as .csv file, and tried import patron. I failed with message: "Line 2 Critical field "surname" missing (borrowernumber: UNDEF; surname: UNDEF)"...
>     Next i tried to change fomats all fields in their fomats (text, number, date), esspecially date YYY-MM-DD. Then i saved file as .csv file, and tried import patron. I failed with message: "Line 2 Critical field
> "surname" missing (borrowernumber: UNDEF; surname: UNDEF)"... (same error)
>     I saved .csv file as .ods file, and tried import, once more time fail.
>
>     Last time, maybe i was lucky, i use that.ods file, saved as .csv file, then i received a message:
>
> Export text file...
>
> field delimiter   ,
> text delimiter   "
>  I press Ok, then saved. And i imported patrons without error.
> I don't understand it very clear, but just wanna share experience. Hope it can help someone else.

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance
and Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me
personally, send an e-mail first. I work off site)