[Koha] Problem in importing Patron Records

Quoc Uy nguyenquocuy_1102 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 21 10:45:57 NZDT 2012

     First, i have problem with this, too. I downloaded original file patron_import.csv, opened it with Libreoffice Calc, watched table borrowers in database by Phpmyadmin. Then i tried to fill all file with the similar values as what i did before (add patron manual). Next i saved file as .csv file, and tried import patron. I failed with message: "Line 2 Critical field "surname" missing (borrowernumber: UNDEF; surname: UNDEF)"...
    Next i tried to change fomats all fields in their fomats (text, number, date), esspecially date YYY-MM-DD. Then i saved file as .csv file, and tried import patron. I failed with message: "Line 2 Critical field
"surname" missing (borrowernumber: UNDEF; surname: UNDEF)"... (same error)
    I saved .csv file as .ods file, and tried import, once more time fail.

    Last time, maybe i was lucky, i use that.ods file, saved as .csv file, then i received a message:

Export text file...

field delimiter   ,
text delimiter   "
 I press Ok, then saved. And i imported patrons without error.
I don't understand it very clear, but just wanna share experience. Hope it can help someone else.