[Koha] Search of Non-Latin records

Araik Manukyan araik at flib.sci.am
Mon Nov 19 21:59:28 NZDT 2012

Dear friends,

Our catalog mainly consists of Armenian records, thus during the
installation we have chosen to use ICU. Then, after importing some records,
we have rebuilded the Zebra index. On the console it was written that 7
records were indexed. However, when we tried to search for imported records,
nothing was retrieved. But the records are definitely imported, since they
are visible in the Staged Records. Interestingly, even records in English
are not being searched.

In the previous versions of koha we were enabling ICU after the installation
by several manual modfications, but now this does not work too. If we do in
this way, Koha simply retrieves all existing records in Armenian which is of
course wrong.

So, it appears that regardless how we enable ICU (during the installation or
aftewards), non-latin records are anyway not being indexed.

Please, can someone provide us a step-by-step solution? This is essential
for us.

Thanks in advance,

Araik.