[Koha] Addition to Koha Web Page as a Koha Support Provider / Ozgur Yazilim A.S.

Doruk Fisek dfisek at ozguryazilim.com.tr
Sat Nov 3 18:58:25 NZDT 2012

Hi,

Fri, 02 Nov 2012 16:55:24 -0400, Paul <paul.a at aandc.org> :

>> That's a list of Koha specs, and yes you can use Solr with Koha in
>> master and 3.10. It's not a list of things they support.
> I was just a bit surprised (and pleased) to see that they were "ahead
> of the curve" as to potential enhancements that are "devel" at this
> time. Maybe "MySQL, PostgreSQL database support" (which is truly what
> their website says, I read Turkish -- but was told that my accent is
> horrendous) is a bit further away than Solr, but still it's great to
> see a support company with a positive eye to the future.

Thanks for the warm welcome :).

Chris Cormack is right, those are Koha capabilities, the page is
dedicated to Koha, what it can do and what it can bring to the table
for a potential customer.

We use MySQL and Zebra in our default Koha installations (as I'm sure
most people do). However we do have hands-on experience with PostgreSQL
and Solr, using them on other projects, just not with Koha (yet). So I
don't believe we'll run into serious trouble when the time comes that we
have to or prefer to use them with Koha.

Unfortunately we still don't have an English web site, I believe it's an
active issue on our Redmine for more than a year now. But I'm hopeful
that we'll get one up and running before the end of the year.

                   Doruk

--
Özgür Yazılım A.Ş. ~ #
http://www.ozguryazilim.com.tr