[Koha] Problems with the Koha wiki - registration and editing for new users

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Thu May 31 04:40:27 NZST 2012

At 01:20 PM 5/30/2012 +0000, someone wrote:
>I was trying to edit the wiki and had the same problem, no confimration
>email.  I tried, yahoo and gmail as well.  Nothing in my work outlook spam
>filters.

Maybe something is badly "overwhelmed" at the wiki end?  I just had a quick
look at the User Creation Log
<http://wiki.koha-community.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Log&limit=500&type=newusers&month=&year=>
and there have been 500 "new" accounts created in the last two weeks.  Most
of them look like automated spammer sign-ups -- and quite frankly I don't
think this community group could|would have shown such interest ;-}

Best - Paul