[Koha] Upgrading koha to 3.8

Ranadip Chandra ranadipchandra at gmail.com
Thu May 3 03:57:24 NZST 2012

I am trying to upgrade the Koha to the version 3.8.0. I downloaded it and try
to follow the steps given below :

1. sudo cd to Koha-3.8.0
2. sudo perl Makefile.PL --prev-install-log
/usr/share/koha/misc/koha-install-log

3. sudo make

4. sudo make test

5. sudo make upgrade

6. Update the sources.list (/etc/apt/sources.list) to include following
lines at the end of the file

 deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid main universe multiverse

 deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid-updates main universe
multiverse

 deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ lucid-security main universe
multiverse

7. sudo apt-get update

8. Try to find out the missing perl module by using the command “ sudo perl
koha_perl_deps.pl -m”

9. Try to install the missing perl module. While  installing the following
screen appears :

http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/file/n5680924/3.png

Finally while open the koha interface browser shows the following message :

Not Found

The requested URL / was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) Server at localhost Port 8007

I checked the apache ports (/etc/apache2/ports.conf) which listens 8008 &
8007 and also changed the port numbers in koha-httpd.conf
(/etc/koha/koha-httpd.conf) file.

please help me.

-----
Ranadip Chandra