[Koha] stumped, please help with err: can't call method "subfield" on undefined value at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm

archer fayad.fami at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 20:27:58 NZDT 2012

I am sorry i have to write this since a lot of threads are there regarding
this error.

Trying to add a new record from 'Catalogue'. I provided all mandatory
details and without error it goes to the page ~/cataloguing/additem.pl.
After providing all details here, i am getting the following error.

"can't call method "subfield" on an undefined value at
/usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Biblio.pm line 2688"

My version is 4.0 (yes, I downloaded from liblime. please don't ignore it
because of this. I read a lot of thread saying its not community release
etc. I am running short of time so please provide a lead. This seems to be a
bug and stumped at this step. As a result I am not able to add new books to
database and stuck with the project)

The code at 2688 in Biblio.pm is

if ($server eq 'biblioserver'){
%index = GetNoZebraIndexes;
my ($titletag, $titlesubfield) = GetMarcFromField('biblio.title',"");
$title = lc($record -> subfield ($titletag, $titlesubfield));

Under Admininstration the marc mapping has section for title, and a single
field can be set. It is seen as 245 a - Title