[Koha] 8 Perl Modules are Not Detected by koha_perl_deps.pl on VDS (was Re: Installing Koha on CentOS+cPanel Hosting Server)

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Tue Jun 26 04:19:37 NZST 2012

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 10:13:35PM +0700, Andi Sugandi wrote:
> > koha_perl_deps.pl has as first line "#!/usr/bin/perl", then if you execute
> > it like "./koha_perl_deps.pl" then the "old"
> > interpreter could not find your modules.
>
> Yes, I was running: "./koha_perl_deps.pl -m"
>
> > Try "/usr/local/bin/perl koha_perl_deps.pl"

It might be ab idea to change that script's shebang line to
#!/usr/bin/env perl
which is a bit more portable

> But cpan failed to install the other one, 'Graphics::Magick' :
>
> -------------------begin-of-script--------------------------
>
> cpan[2]> install Graphics::Magick
> Warning: Cannot install Graphics::Magick, don't know what it is.
> Try the command
>
>     i /Graphics::Magick/
>
> to find objects with matching identifiers.
>
> -------------------end-of-script--------------------------
>
> Then, how now to install 'Graphics::Magick' perl Module via cpan?

You can't install Graphics::Magick from cpan as its not been uploaded
there. To get the perl library you have to compile it as part of a
graphics magick install. But it is only used in a specific subsystem in
koha so not having it should not be a problem.

Cheers
Colin

--
Colin Campbell