[Koha] Rebuild-zebra stops working very often...

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Jun 26 01:52:57 NZST 2012

Op 25-06-12 14:18, Sonia P. schreef:
> Rebuild-zebra is supposed to run every 15 minutes for us, and sometimes it doesn't.  I know, because then I am contacted by librarians who say they can't find books which they have just entered (or I check myself, I run a few mysql queries and check if I can find them on the website).  So I know it's because the search indexes are not up to date.  Then, I restart rebuild-zebra with the following:  sudo koha-rebuild-zebra -v -f library

OK, just to clarify, that command doesn't restart anything. It just
forces everything to be indexed from scratch, that's where the confusion
was coming in. You should be getting sent emails if something is going
wrong with the regular index procedure, but if local mail hasn't been
properly configured on your server, you might not be seeing them.

It would be worth putting an alias in for the root user so that it goes
to a real person. To do this:
1. edit /etc/aliases
2. add a line like: "root:  your at email.address", save
3. run the 'newaliases' command

This'll mean that you get sent any errors when zebra rebuilds.

To see what's there now, run 'sudo mail'. Type the number of the message
to read it, 'q' will exit and '?' will provide a small amount of help.

If there's something there, maybe it'll give a clue.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.