[Koha] Koha 3.8 installation problem

Andi Sugandi andisugandi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 22:51:11 NZST 2012

Hi Joeri,

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 4:36 PM, Joeri Michiels <jmi at bvdmc.com> wrote:

> We're currently evaluating the Koha 3.8 software on an OpenSuse 12.1 64bit.
> We've been trying to install Koha according to the instructions as described in
> http://git.koha-community.org/gitweb/?
> p=koha.git;a=blob;f=INSTALL.opensuse;hb=HEAD but after running 'make install'
> the Apache web server can no longer be started.   There's not a lot of info in
> the Apache error log, just the following message "caught SIGTERM, shutting
> down".

What is the status of apache2 right now?

The normal one is showing like this (on my own openSUSE 12.1 machine):
http://paste.koha-community.org/446

See:
"...

Active: active (running)

..."

If it is said: "..Active: inactive (dead)..", please run:

su -c 'service apache2 start'

but If it's still remains "inactive", it's probably a problem with the
installation or configuration of apache itself, not Koha.

Good luck.
--
Andi Sugandi.