[Koha] Solr

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Wed Jul 25 08:27:12 NZST 2012

On 25 July 2012 08:15, Stacy Pober <stacy.pober at manhattan.edu> wrote:
> Does anyone know if switching from Zebra to Solr will let Koha
> libraries use a stopwords list?
>
> Also, will Solr have any effect on fuzzy searching defaults?
>
> Lastly, is there anyone sponsoring or working on a "did you mean..."
> opac response to zero retrieval searches?   At our library, we'd
> probably choose a "did you mean..." spelling suggestion choice over
> the automatic fuzzy spelling assumptions that are currently in the
> system.   I realize this would probably be listed in bugzilla, but I'm
> not sure exactly how to search for this.

Stacy

Koha is not switching to Solr, but now (in master) you can choose
between using Solr or Zebra. (YMMV with other software based
originally on Koha). This is already working in the master branch.
Also, in Koha itself using zebra (I don't know what the forks are
doing) you can now use DOM indexing which is much more powerful than
the old indexing methods.

But we want to do much more than that, if you look at the thread starting here
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2012-July/033634.html

You will see what the future plans are. (This does include did you mean).

Hope this helps

Chris