[Koha] best way to catalog new library?

smurfett at gmail.com smurfett at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 07:20:17 NZDT 2012

Wow!  Thanks for the quick reply.  I will check it out.

On a related note, when I search on Koha to these Taiwan z39.50 servers,
Koha doesn't like the MARC records I downloaded.  I wouldn't let me save
the record because it keeps complaining about fields that are missing.  I'm
only vaguely familiar w/ MARC records.  Is this because of compatibility
issues between the libraries here and the MARC record formats in Koha?  Do
I have to play w/ how MARC records are setup?  How do I reconcile the
differences in MARC records?

I used an open z39.50 server listed at IRSpy.  According to that website,
the z39.50 server I added supports USMARC, which is what I configured the
syntax as.  I also configured the encoding as UTF8 rather than MARC-8
(which the sample US servers are configured as).

Thanks!
nancy