[Koha] mysqldump issue with koha database

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Thu Jan 26 08:07:27 NZDT 2012

On 25 January 2012 13:37, cjwalke <cjwalke at mofga.org> wrote:
> I'm running Koha on two different servers for testing reasons.  One has 3.6.2
> and is my current active server.  I just upgraded the other from 3.2.2 to
> 3.6.2 with no problems.  I copied the koha database using mysqldump from the
> current server and copied it onto the newly upgraded server.  I've run the
> rebuild_zebra.pl script, but none of the data shows.  Searching in the OPAC
> and Staff Client shows nothing in the catalog.
>
> So I checked the koha database using the mysql shell and all the books are
> listed there, but nothing shows when searching.

Hi CJ

Ahh, the structure of the items table changed between 3.2.x and 3.4.x,

>From the Upgrade section in the INSTALL file

"Koha 3.4.x or later  no longer stores items in biblio records.
If you are upgrading from an older version you will need to do the
following two steps, they can take a long time (several hours) to
complete for large databases

 misc/maintenance/remove_items_from_biblioitems.pl --run
 misc/migration_tools/rebuild_zebra.pl -b -r
"
This might be what you missed.

Hope this helps

Chris

PS MOFGA looks like a great place to work/be involved with