[Koha] question about creating a donor report in Koha

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Wed Jan 18 00:08:03 NZDT 2012

On 17/01/12 15:58, Library at boystown.com.au wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> I have received a large donation of books for my library and would
> like to run a report summing the number of items donated, totalling
> the rrp of the books donated so that I may determine a value for the
> donation.
>
> For the time being as I catalogue I have put donor info in the
> supplier id and rrp in price field in the items record.
>
> Any suggestions as to how this might be done?  I would like to set up
> a system which I can use for other donations.

Hi Amanda,
That sounds right: in the Item record use the Source of Acquisition and
Cost Price fields (or perhaps better, if you have rrp, is to use
Replacement Price).  To compile the report, you of course need a unique
value to select on, so that probably means just being careful with the
Donor name.

For large, valuable donations, we have also seen libraries create a
Collection code, but sometimes that has been associated with a specific
space as well.

Regards,
Bob Birchall
CALYX